LPC and Volunteer Engagement
Volunteers are a crucial part of any nonprofit organization. They not only bring needed extra hands but they bring their ideas, perspectives, beliefs, cultures, and “spheres of influence” to an organization. The work that volunteers can contribute to an organization is only limited by the creativity of the staff and prospective volunteer.
We are pleased to welcome you to the Ladies Power Circle Volunteer Program, “LPC Volunteers”. We appreciate your interest and are grateful that you have chosen to share your time and talent with us. We hope that you will find your experience with LPC fulfilling and gratifying. Your role will be invaluable to our organization and we look forward to your contributions.
We do recognize that the most valuable assets of any organization, and for that matter any community, are the people. We strive to be a kind and respectful organization of givers and doers, where people are recognized for their strengths and will be given the opportunity to reach their full potential.
TIPS FOR BEING A SUCCESSFUL VOLUNTEER
For a successful experience, carefully consider the following:
• Try not to commit yourself to more hours than you can complete.
• Be as clear as possible with the volunteer manager about your expectations of the experience.
• Become aware of what you will be expected to do; ask questions.
• Always set a good example.
• Enthusiasm is very important.
• Recognize the importance of each individual.
• Make every effort to be fair and not play favorites.
• Help provide an environment of support, understanding, and dignity.
• Be friendly, warm, and courteous to everyone.
• Attend all volunteer meetings and/or trainings.
• Make suggestions – you are an important part of the team.
• Tell your friends and encourage them to volunteer with LPC Volunteers!!